Wednesday 7 May 2014

Adding Spot Images & More Symbolism

Today I've just been creating a few more illustrations which I'll edit into my book to fill up the space around the pages with text as it'll help to keep them more consistent and interesting to look at. 
All of them are related to the scene that is happening on the page they are on.
The sleeping dove, shoes, comb and mirror fragments are all important objects in the paragraphs whilst the others are more meant as accents for the story.

I've been using birds as another recurring theme as they can represent a number of things.
The Raven for example is a helpful and noble character in the story; he is a symbol of hope and a guide to Gerda, and overall a strong symbol. The sleeping chained dove and the bird on the branch (when the Snow Queen kisses Kai), both represent purity. The bird on the branch also symbolises Kai's vulnerability to the Snow Queen, just as a bird might be vulnerable to the harsh winter.
 
After I've added these as the final touches to my book on Indesign, it will all be ready to print out next week! 
Once it is bound I can also then measure the spine and adjust my dust jacket design to print out.

No comments:

Post a Comment