Monday 5 May 2014

Hullabaloo

 Today I finished off my piece for our course's hullabaloo themed newspaper. I wanted it to be connected to my final major project so I drew a spin-off to the ending of The Snow Queen. In some versions of the fairy tale including the original, during Gerda and Kai's journey back home they encounter one by one all the characters they met through out the story and so here I've drawn them gathered together, celebrating Kai and Gerda's reunion. The Robber-girl undergoes the most drastic change when they meet her again, she is described to be wearing "a shining red cap on her head, and pistols in her belt".Though she at first comes across as tempestuous and a little scary, she ends up choosing to help Gerda. In this image I've drawn confetti coming out of her pistol which is unexpected, symbolic of her personality in the story

After scanning it in I played around with Photoshop a bit and ended up with three versions, each varying in the hues. Out of these I prefer the one at the bottom the most.




No comments:

Post a Comment